Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Stone, Water, Plants

Saturday I took a walk in the Portland Japanese Garden. Walking through three of the five gardens, I thought about how place influences thought and mood. This garden's spirit breathes into me and by matching my breath with it, I am calm and notice more. I see how with the same mathematical precision as the chambered nautilus and the sunflower, the gardeners set each thing granite, bamboo and brass. They breathed life into stone walkways and bamboo fences. My steps and thoughts are as quiet and sweet as the moss that covers everything.

An overcast sky provided ideal light for photographs. As much as I love vivid, natural colors, these textures and shadows led me to take several black and white photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?