Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

Connecting with nature in bits and pieces

Recently, I've become more adept at finding moments to connect and enjoy nature during my day.
  • Before sunrise, I climb into the loft above my kitchen and watch daylight break from the large windows that look over my garden and my neighbor's orchard.
  • On my way to work, I drive past a wildlife refuge and watch a gaggle of geese resting on the seasonal lake that borders the road.

  • At work, I face a large window and watch the weather - sun followed by hail followed by rain and then sun again.

  • On the way home from work, I drive West and watch large, billowing clouds blowing over the Coast Range into the Willamette Valley.

  • At home at night, I close my eyes and listen to the sound of rain blown hard against my roof and windows.

I carry the quietness and calm from these moments with me constantly. - Pat

1 comment:

  1. How beautifully phrased. Indeed Nature calms our mind and soul.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?